About the conference
The WSSDA Annual Conference is the premier annual event for school directors and superintendents. It is the largest gathering of education policymakers in the state of Washington. Per WSSDA bylaws, the conference takes place on the east or west side of the Cascades in alternate years.
Introduction to the theme, “Lead to Inspire”
The Annual Conference Planning Committee wants to promote this as a conference for leaders. The committee recognizes that these leaders are passionate about kids. We will choose keynote and breakout speakers who incorporate a message of inspirational leadership in their presentations.
Introduction to the look
That “ah-ha” moment of inspiration is represented in circles of graduated color and atom-inspired “energy lines.” Images of kids will visually represent the importance of thinking about the whole child and provide topics of inspiration.
- Call for proposals runs late April (around the 20th) through June 20.
- Registration opens in late May (around the 20th).
Email blasts, e-clips and this website will announce when each opens.
Reflecting on your 2015 experience
- November 16-19, 2016 (Wed.-Sat) - Spokane Convention Center and DoubleTree Hotel
- November 16-19, 2017 (Thurs.-Sun.) - Hyatt Regency Bellevue
- November 14-17, 2018 (Wed.-Sat.) - Spokane Convention Center and Davenport Grand