February 13, is our “Day on the Hill” at the State Capitol. Conference attendees will have meetings with legislators and we’ll have a room reserved for district teams to meet during “down times.”
We have reserved room blocks at the Red Lion Olympia and Governor Hotel. Use the information below to reserve a room.
To reserve a room at Red Lion Olympia, select: Reservations.redlion.com
To reserve a room at the Governor hotel in Olympia, follow these instructions:
1. Go to www.olympiagovernorhotel.com
2. Click on "Have a special code?" on the booking window
3. Type in GOV-GF314 on GROUP tap along with their travel dates within the window of 2/12/2017 to 2/17/2017
4. Book their reservation under Washington State School Directors’ Association
Or call 360 352-7700 and give the group number: GOV-GF314
Red Lion Hotel offers its guests a 10-seat van that travels anywhere within a four mile radius.
- Sunday, the shuttle will be available for transport to/from SPSCC (conference venue) based on availability. Reservations will be required.
- Monday, the shuttle will run to the Capitol every hour. Reservations required.
South Puget Sound Community College offers multiple parking lots but we suggest you allow ample time to find parking and walk to the Minnaert Center.
The Olympia Intercity Transit Dash goes everywhere you need to go in Downtown Olympia. Multiple parking options are available. The legislative shuttle schedule will be posted on the Dash website when available.
If driving to the Capitol on Monday, please allow plenty of time to find parking (parking limited). All parking near the Legislative buildings require payment.
Conference details will be posted on this page as they become available.
2016 Legislative Conference Materials