WSSDA is committed to increasing equity and access for all students in Washington State. This page will direct you to tools, notes, meetings of all types, and other work relevant to this topic.
Upcoming Equity Gatherings
- Equity and Access Caucus: February 12, 2017, 10:00-10:50 a.m. (prior to the Legislative Conference). Registration not required to attend the meeting.
- Equity Convening, May 4, 2017, SeaTac. Registration will open in early March.
- WSSDA/WASA/AWSP Equity Conference, May 24, 2017, DoubleTree SeaTac.
WSSDA's Action Plan for Meeting Equity Needs
- 2014-15 Initiative (link coming soon)
- 2016 Initiative (link coming soon)
- PSESD Racial Equity Tool (2 page document)
- The LEADTM Tool from Education Northwest. This tool "provides teams the opportunity to examine practices and policies through the lens of 10 research-based equitable practices."
- Equity Lens Bookmark (single) Use the five questions on this bookmark, developed by Portland Public Schools, to evaluate policies, programs, practices and decisions for more equitable outcomes.
- Equity Lens Bookmarks (3 per page, printable version)
- Sample Resolution for Indiginous Peoples' Day
Notes and Handouts from Equity Gatherings
Equity: From the Boardroom to the Classroom (WASA/WSSDA/AWSP), May 24-25, 2015