WSSDA has extensively researched the impact of the community on student learning and the school board’s role in the educational process. A facilitated community engagement process can help you harness the tremendous power of involving parents and the community in your schools.
WSSDA’s community engagement service will help your district design and implement a strategy to:
- Increase community understanding of school improvement, educational reform and accountability initiatives;
- Increase community support of and investment and ownership in their schools;
- Increase parent and community involvement in their schools;
- Create action steps with community buy-in for improving student learning and closing the achievement gap; and
- Create a regional network of districts to collaborate with on community engagement successes and issues.
The cost of WSSDA’s Community Engagement Service ($3,750 plus applicable sales tax) can be shared among multiple districts. The joint delivery approach saves costs to districts (e.g., with five districts, it would be $750 per district) and makes services available to all. This approach combines pooling of resources among districts, spreading the cost of the consultant and using local resources and locations to keep travel, facilities and meal costs to a minimum.