WSSDA's In-District Workshops and Retreats are led by our Leadership Development Cadre of Consultants, a group of trainers who offer impressive credentials and extensive experience to guide and support school directors in their governance role. Each consultant has been selected for expertise in areas of service most often sought by school boards and districts. They can help boards tackle and resolve issues unique to each district’s environment and culture. Areas of expertise include teambuilding and leadership development, strategic planning, board-superintendent relations, vision setting, community engagement, group facilitation, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Debora Boeck has 40 years of experience in public education having worked at local, regional and state levels. She has worked for WSSDA as a consultant in both policy and legal services and leadership development and is a WSSDA grants development resource. Debora facilitates WSSDA task forces and co-authored several WSSDA resources. She is an experienced board trainer and facilitator.
- Michael Boring has worked in educational administration for over 30 years, including service as assistant executive director of the Washington Association of School Administrators. His expertise includes board-superintendent professional development, strategic planning, and school improvement. He is also a superintendent search consultant.
- Martha Bryan has over 23 years’ experience providing facilitation, strategic planning, consulting and professional development services to schools and education organizations. She has taught at both the high school and college levels and has worked extensively with school boards and school administrators to set goals, develop plans, improve teamwork, mend relationships and solve problems.
Tricia Lubach is a communications consultant with 25 years of experience in public relations, strategic planning facilitation, market research and analysis, media relations and interpersonal communications. A WSU graduate with a degree in Business Marketing, she has served on the Quincy School District Board of Directors since 2005 and is a member of the WSSDA Leadership class of 2013. This confluence of communications expertise and boardsmanship experience gives her the knowledge and drive to help others reach their potential as educational leaders.
- Richard Parker specializes in strategic planning, Internet communication technology consulting and team and community development. Rich is a six-year veteran school director in the South Whidbey School District and has served as board president, vice president and legislative representative. As a former teacher and lifelong learner, Rich is enrolled in an Educational Leadership and Change doctoral program and is a graduate of the 2009 Leadership WSSDA program.
- J. Marie Riche has more than a decade of experience in communications and community engagement with a focus on public schools. She is a certified Future Search facilitator and has trained leadership and governance teams in all facets of personal and organizational communications.
- Lynn Trantow is a former school director with the Central Valley (Spokane) School District and served on every committee possible. During her five years of board service, she served on numerous WSSDA committees and graduated from the Leadership WSSDA program. This and her degree in Communication Science from the University of Washington, add valuable insight and expertise to the cadre.
- Patty Wood serves on the Kelso School Board and on the WSSDA Board of Directors. She is a former chair of WSSDA’s Federal Relations Network Committee. A graduate of Leadership WSSDA, Patty has presented in multi-board workshops, the WSSDA Annual Conference, the NSBA Annual Conference, and facilitated numerous board retreats and study sessions. Patty is a former member of the One Hundred District Leaders Network through the Education Commission of the States.
- Skip Bonuccelli served as public information specialist for the Central Valley School District in Spokane for over 31 years, with 40 years in the field of education, and is currently an adjunct communication professor at two colleges. He delivers WSSDA workshops with gusto and is experienced with strategic planning and community engagement.