WSSDA Law Conference
Washington state’s premier law conference for school board members, superintendents, and educational leaders
Registration is now open!
For pricing and registration information, see the Annual Conference registration page.
Law Conference is a full-day event held the day before WSSDA’s Annual Conference.
: 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (Followed by a reception)
Davenport Grand Hotel
333 W Spokane Falls Blvd
Spokane, WA 99201
Engage with experienced
school law attorneys on "hot topic" legal issues that face public
school districts across the state. Hear about recent developments,
analysis and insight to help you recognize legal pitfalls and
minimize the risk of costly litigation and investigations in your district.
Network with other school directors and superintendents to share stories and
ideas regarding best practices. The conference will include a general session,
break-out sessions breakfast, and a reception. This is a can’t-miss learning
opportunity tailored specifically to K–12 leaders.
The objectives of this conference are
- Engage with experienced school law attorneys on hot-topic legal issues that face public school districts across the state
- Hear about recent developments, analysis and insight to help you recognize legal pitfalls and minimize the risk of costly litigation and investigations in your district
- Network with other school directors and superintendents to share stories and ideas regarding best practices
If you attend this one-day conference, you'll be up to speed on school law for the current school year. You’ll come away from this knowing when you need to call your attorney.
Selected Session Topics:
- Growth Management Act (GMA) Schools
- Student Discipline – Panel Discussion
- School District Litigation Update
- Federal Updates “From the Other Washington”
- And much more!
||Thursday, November 16, 2017
||7:50 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. (continental breakfast on-location)
8:35 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5:15 p.m. (hosted reception on-location)
||Hyatt Regency Bellevue
900 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
Policy and Legal Coordinator
Quotes from Past Law Conference Participants
A must for every single board member and superintendent.
Fabulous — scary info, but fabulous.
Good info — wished it could have lasted longer.
Great program. I think all should attend.
I have been a school director for over 10 years. There was a lot of useful information that I was not aware of...
Great presenters and very useful information.
This presentation was worth coming to the conference for.
Love it. Info was very relevant and up to date.
Would love to have this every year, excellent info!!!
Excellent info — more time needed.
Very informative and a great resource for the conference.
Please do this again! Most valuable!