2017 WSSDA Law Conference
Washington state’s premier law conference for school board members, superintendents, and educational leaders
Conference Description — A Year of Firsts
For the first time, Law Conference will be a full-day event. Also for the first time, the conference will feature akeynote speaker who works at the national level, Sonja Trainor, the Director of the Council of School Attorneys at the National School Boards Association (NSBA).
As in previous years, WSSDA’s Law Conference will be held the day before WSSDA’s Annual Conference. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Engage with experienced school law attorneys on hot-topic legal issues that face public school districts across the state
- Hear about recent developments, analysis and insight to help you recognize legal pitfalls and minimize the risk of costly litigation and investigations in your district
- Network with other school directors and superintendents to share stories and ideas regarding best practices
The conference will include a general session, break-out sessions and a reception. This can’t-miss learning opportunity is specifically tailored to K-12 leaders. If you attend this one-day conference, you'll be up to speed on school law for the 17-18 school year. You’ll come away from this knowing when you need to call your attorney.
Selected Session Topics:
- Growth Management Act (GMA) Schools
- Student Discipline – Panel Discussion
- School District Litigation Update
- Federal Updates “From the Other Washington”
- And much more!
||Thursday, November 16, 2017
||7:50 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. (continental breakfast on-location)
8:35 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5:15 p.m. (hosted reception on-location)
||Hyatt Regency Bellevue
900 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
Policy and Legal Services
Quotes from Past Law Conference Participants
A must for every single board member and superintendent.
Fabulous — scary info, but fabulous.
Good info — wished it could have lasted longer.
Great program. I think all should attend.
I have been a school director for over 10 years. There was a lot of useful information that I was not aware of...
Great presenters and very useful information.
This presentation was worth coming to the conference for.
Love it. Info was very relevant and up to date.
Would love to have this every year, excellent info!!!
Excellent info — more time needed.
Very informative and a great resource for the conference.
Please do this again! Most valuable!