The Washington State School Directors’ Association (WSSDA) is seeking a technology support specialist to join a team of 16 staff who provide the state’s 1,477 school board members with research-based leadership development training, policy and legal resources, and legislative advocacy support.
Salary range: $55,000 to $70,000 depending upon qualifications
Closing date: screening of applications will begin on April 26, 2022
General Description and Responsibilities:
This position provides excellent customer service in supporting the agency’s office technology, database, and website needs, as well as troubleshooting support when necessary.
The technology support specialist, along with the accounting analyst and member support specialist, reports to the chief financial officer as a member of the business and operations team.
The four-person business and operations team is responsible for carrying out general operations and maintenance activities for WSSDA, along with supporting the work of other departments to help them meet their objectives in fulfilling WSSDA’s mission, vision, and goals.
Hardware and Software Support
- Support technology systems and projects to serve a staff of 15 to 20 individuals
- Provide support for hardware, software, and applications for both Windows and Mac environments
- Coordinate email system management and archiving, and provide technical support for public records requests
- Coordinate file management system (Box)
- Maintain office Wi-Fi network (Cisco) and audiovisual systems (Airtime)
- Establish and monitor software and application password and security practices
- Advise on agency computer and technology needs, have lead role in procurement and implementation, and provide support and maintenance
- Analyze technology systems and applications to identify problems, opportunities, and solutions, and implement on-going improvements
- Provide off-site technology support for conferences, events, etc.
- Support the Communications team by maintaining the webhosting and infrastructure of the WSSDA web site (Blue Host, MemberPress, and WordPress)
- Assist and support the Communications teams, as needed, with updates to web content using content management systems
- Assist and support members with receiving access to subscription services
- Track analytics, and report as needed, on web traffic and social media and assist with archiving of web and social media content
- Support the Business and Operations team with the maintenance of WSSDA’s customer records management systems (Dynamics 365)
- Assist staff with creating or obtaining reports from WSSDA’s database WSSDA’s customer records management systems
State IT Standards Support
- Serve as the agency’s liaison to state level information and technology offices such as WATECH and Washington Office of the Chief Information Officer
- As applicable, coordinate integration with state-sponsored technology standards and initiatives
Essential Skills and Functions:
- Service-oriented, collaborative, and problem-solving nature
- Adaptable and flexible to adjust approach and style to varied circumstances, audiences, and timeline requirements
- Willingness to participate in staff and professional development opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain regular, timely work attendance
- Be available for occasional evening and weekend work, and travel
- Ability to lift heavy computer equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years professional-level experience in information technology
- Experience working with:
- Microsoft Office Suite 365
- Experience researching and developing recommendations on current technology trends and best practices.
Please submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter
- Complete WSSDA Employment Application PDF | Word
Materials may be emailed to email@example.com.
For questions about recruitment, please contact Josh Collette at (360) 890-5781