The annual event for school boards to vote on and prioritize the association's legislative positions.
2017 Legislative Assembly, September 22 & 23
Registration and Venue Details
- Registration opening in June!
- Southcenter DoubleTree Hotel (SeaTac, WA)
Legislative Proposals (proposal submissions open until June 2)
Returning Position Proposals
for the 2017 Legislative Assembly
New Position Proposals for
the 2017 Legislative Assembly
Who should attend?
All school directors are encouraged to attend the Legislative Assembly. District staff are also invited to attend, although only school directors may address the assembly and only one director per district may vote on each issue. While legislative representatives from each district normally serve as delegates to the assembly, voting credentials may be shared among attending directors at each board’s discretion.
- 2017 Legislative Positions: Full compilation of WSSDA’s 2017 Legislative Positions organized by category (Learning, Teaching, Leadership, Governance, Funding & Allocations), and 2017 Position Quick Reference Spreadsheet (Excel)
- 1-Pagers: These documents group like-positions (including any pertinent WSSDA Permanent Positions) to more easily navigating WSSDA’s 2017 legislative positions.
- K-12 Learning Standards and Assessments
- Teacher Recruitment, Retention, Certification, and Professional Development
- Governance Positions: Local Control, State/Local Government Provisions, Employee Provisions
- Funding, Compensation, Levy Reform
- K-12 Facilities and Capital Construction
- 2017 Legislative Position Priority Listing: Priority ranking results from the 2016 Legislative Assembly.
Legislative Assembly Policies and Procedures
- Legislative Assembly Board Policy and Procedure 1290 and 1290P (WSSDA)
- Legislative Advocacy Program Procedure 2082 (WSSDA)